- On the Line with SurDoc SurDoc's Marketing Director, Suzanne Duris is quick to point out that high fidelity online sharing, a robust platform and amazing technology make the company a formidable competitor.
- Your Guide to Online Backup Services Find helpful advice in selecting the best online backup provider.
- What is Online Backup? ...plus more frequently asked questions on Online Backup.
- Code42 Wins Golden Bridge Award for CrashPlan Enterprise Endpoint Backup Posted on October 30, 2013
- Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance Now Shipping in Volume Posted on October 29, 2013
- Panda Cloud Drive Adds Backup for BlackBerry Devices Posted on October 25, 2013
- Gillware Online Backup Is Proud to Partner with iPatientCare Posted on October 24, 2013
- Vizant Technologies Doubles Server Backup Performance with Zetta.net's Cloud Platform Posted on October 23, 2013
Vizant Technologies Doubles Server Backup Performance with Zetta.net's Cloud Platform
Sunnyvale, CA, October 23, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Zetta.net today announced that Vizant Technologies, headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has deployed Zetta.net's enterprise cloud backup solution to achieve twice the data transfer rate at half the price. Vizant Technologies is an independent payments industry consultancy and advisory firm that analyzes payment card transaction data.
Founded in 2000, Vizant turned to Zetta's DataProtect online server backup to secure its fast-growing data, which had expanded to around one terabyte from client files that were retained and archived for up to seven years. Kevin Davis, Network Engineer at Vizant, estimates that the company is likely to have 50 to 100 percent more data within the span of a year. Vizant's IT infrastructure includes systems at its data center in Spokane, Washington, and at its headquarters.
“Each month, Vizant receives transaction data—interchange statements—to process and analyze in order to provide money-saving advice for its clients worldwide,” explained Davis. “The statements can be hundreds of thousands of pages long and are often rife with errors. If Vizant lost any data sent by its clients, it could take weeks to get it back again. Any time delay is literally money lost,” said Davis. “So we care about having backups, in case there's a problem with our storage or sites.”
Previously, Vizant had managed offsite server backup by using a rotating set of external hard drives, then moved to a cloud server backup service in 2009 to protect its critical business data. But the company soon realized its network connection wasn’t big enough to support such extensive backups. At that point, Vizant began using Zetta.net DataProtect in January 2013.
“As part of the benchmarking, we found we were getting twice the data transfer rate at half the price,” said Davis. “And Zetta.net offers security that meets our requirements and industry standards.”
Vizant plans to leverage other capabilities using Zetta.net DataProtect as well, such as taking advantage of Zetta.net’s upcoming Exchange plug-in to do block-level database backups. The company is also investigating using Zetta to handle local backups, and has been testing Zetta 4.0 beta, which will allow Vizant to do both offsite and local backups in a single step.
Zetta.net is an award-winning provider of enterprise cloud backup and disaster recovery solutions for small and mid-size enterprises, and MSPs. Zetta enables companies to simplify and automate backups and instantly recover data using just a web browser. Advanced security, high redundancy and a high-performance architecture delivers enterprise-grade data protection that scales to meet business requirements for accelerating data growth.
With headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif., Zetta was established in 2008 by successful serial entrepreneurs and technology executives from companies such as Netscape, VeriSign, Symantec, EMC, and Shutterfly. For more information, visit www.zetta.net or www.facebook.com/zettastorage. Follow Zetta on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zettanet.