- On the Line with SurDoc SurDoc's Marketing Director, Suzanne Duris is quick to point out that high fidelity online sharing, a robust platform and amazing technology make the company a formidable competitor.
- Your Guide to Online Backup Services Find helpful advice in selecting the best online backup provider.
- What is Online Backup? ...plus more frequently asked questions on Online Backup.
- Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance Now Shipping in Volume Posted on October 29, 2013
- Panda Cloud Drive Adds Backup for BlackBerry Devices Posted on October 25, 2013
- Gillware Online Backup Is Proud to Partner with iPatientCare Posted on October 24, 2013
- Vizant Technologies Doubles Server Backup Performance with Zetta.net's Cloud Platform Posted on October 23, 2013
- Platinum and Backup Manager Corp Team on Cloud Data Backup and Recovery Posted on October 22, 2013
VeriStor Launches Cloud-Based Backup Service
ATLANTA, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VeriStor Systems, an industry-leading virtual infrastructure and data storage technology solutions and services provider, today publicly released its VeriStor Cloud Backup service. VeriStor Cloud Backup eliminates the high cost of traditional backup infrastructure and alleviates the day-to-day management overhead associated with legacy data protection solutions. Through a combination of secure cloud storage infrastructure, end-to-end managed services and enterprise-class data protection software, VeriStor Cloud Backup provides superior data protection flexibility, assurance and reliability for a simple and convenient capacity-based monthly fee.
"VeriStor's core mission is to deliver customized private-, public-, and hybrid-cloud solutions that meet the specific data protection and virtualization needs of our customers," said Omar Torres, Director, Cloud Services Architecture & Operations at VeriStor. "With more than a decade of experience architecting advanced data protection solutions for enterprise and mid-market companies, we've paired the convenience and cost benefits of the cloud with a highly-customizable backup architecture that caters directly to the wide variety of data sets and environments that exist in organizations today. By combining these elements, we have crafted a data protection solution that offers the ease-of-use and efficiencies of a cloud service, but with the enterprise features and flexibility our customers require."
VeriStor Cloud Backup, powered by the industry-leading CommVault Simpana data protection platform, offers customers a rich set of enterprise-class features for both physical and virtual servers. Traditional, complex per-agent licensing fees are eliminated, providing complete support for a wide range of hypervisors, operating systems, applications and storage products through a simple per-TB monthly service fee structure. Backup configuration, job management, monitoring and alerting is provided 24x7 by VeriStor data protection experts as part of the comprehensive service, helping customers' IT personnel gain back the time lost to the cumbersome task of managing on-premise backup solutions.
The new VeriStor Cloud Backup service can be delivered in one of two models, depending upon the infrastructure needs of the customer:
* On-Site Backup + Cloud Replication, Retention and Archive – Ideal for environments with large data sets and optimized for performance, this delivery model provides high-speed local backup and recovery through a fully-managed on-premise appliance with de-duplication and secure, encrypted replication to a secondary offsite VeriStor Cloud facility for long-term retention and archive.
* Cloud Backup + Cloud Retention and Archive – Optimized for environments with smaller data sets, this model transfers de-duplicated, encrypted backup data directly to the cloud with multiple copies stored in geographically dispersed VeriStor Cloud facilities for long-term retention and archive.
Both delivery models support the full complement of CommVault advanced data management features, including source- and target-side de-duplication and encryption, as well as Simpana OnePass to provide efficient, integrated support for archiving, e-discovery and compliance. VeriStor also provides off-site replication target capacity for customers with existing CommVault Simpana installations. All offerings can be integrated with VeriStor Cloud Continuity 'Disaster Recovery as a Service' (DRaaS).
VeriStor Cloud Backup operates from secure SAS-70/SSAE16-certified datacenters across the U.S. and is fully managed and monitored by VeriStor's 24x7 Network Operations Center. VeriStor also operates its award-winning VeriStor Cloud Continuity and VeriStor Cloud Secure Archive services from these secure datacenters.
The VeriStor Cloud Backup service is available now. For more information, please visit: http://www.veristor.com/cloud-services.
About VeriStor Systems, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., VeriStor Systems is an end-to-end solutions provider specializing in enterprise data storage, virtual infrastructure, cloud services, migration and technology financing. VeriStor's integrated solutions include Storage, Server and Desktop Virtualization, Virtual IO & Consolidated Fabric, Fibre Channel and iSCSI Storage Area Networks (SANs), Network Attached Storage (NAS), De-Duplication, Backup and Recovery, Data Replication, Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), and Compliance Archiving. With more than 600 customers, VeriStor specializes in enterprise and mid-market companies in all industries including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, education and federal, state and local government. More information can be found at http://www.veristor.com.