- On the Line with SurDoc SurDoc's Marketing Director, Suzanne Duris is quick to point out that high fidelity online sharing, a robust platform and amazing technology make the company a formidable competitor.
- Your Guide to Online Backup Services Find helpful advice in selecting the best online backup provider.
- What is Online Backup? ...plus more frequently asked questions on Online Backup.
- BUMI Launches New HIPAA Secure Backup Service Posted on May 22, 2013
- SOS Online Backup Adds Distribution Program Managed by Central Web-Based Dasboard Posted on May 21, 2013
- Cloud Backup Firm VaultLogix Has Free Trial of MobilePlus Service Posted on May 15, 2013
- Backup That Adds New Platform for Unlimited File Storage and Music Streaming Posted on May 14, 2013
- The Necessity Of Backup In An Evolving Marketplace Posted on May 13, 2013
Survey reveals importance of effective data protection
A recent survey of 500 IT decision-makers by Quantum found that a vast majority - 90 percent - believe their organizations' information is vulnerable to potential incidents. To make matters even more difficult, nearly 30 percent of these businesses have experienced a data security breach in the past year. Another 15 percent of participants said their companies have lost important information as a result of a natural disaster.
The Quantum survey also found that many businesses are indeed backing up mission-critical data to protect against devastating events. Of those polled by the company, 68 percent of respondents said their organizations back up information on a daily basis or more often, while 16 percent do so every week or less.
Robert Clark, Quantum senior vice president, said natural disasters, such as wildfires, have been at the center of disaster recovery discussions. The cloud is also gaining steam as a viable DR solution.
"In addition, many customers are now seeking all-in-one solutions that protect both physical and virtual environments," Clark said. "Increasingly, companies are also turning to cloud software and services for a solution to DR challenges."
Small businesses are in need of data protection
Small businesses across the United States are subjected to all types of IT disruptions and natural disasters that can ultimately destroy all of their mission-critical information, placing even greater emphasis on effective data protection solutions like cloud backup. The U.S. Small Business Administration recently explained why these companies have to plan ahead to protect against floods, fires and other incidents.
The SBA said it has approved more than 2,400 disaster loans worth $372 million in the past 18 months. Small businesses in the United States are encouraged to ensure that their vendors operate in other locations so if an event does strike, the service providers themselves are not impacted.
Small businesses may also want to store important documents in off-site locations that are accessible following disruptions, the SBA said. This is where cloud computing and its online backup benefits come into play because files can be accessed through the internet should an outage occur on-site.
Submitted by: Jonathan Ward, Vaultlogix.com
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 298
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 298
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 309