- On the Line with SurDoc SurDoc's Marketing Director, Suzanne Duris is quick to point out that high fidelity online sharing, a robust platform and amazing technology make the company a formidable competitor.
- Your Guide to Online Backup Services Find helpful advice in selecting the best online backup provider.
- What is Online Backup? ...plus more frequently asked questions on Online Backup.
- BUMI Launches New HIPAA Secure Backup Service Posted on May 22, 2013
- SOS Online Backup Adds Distribution Program Managed by Central Web-Based Dasboard Posted on May 21, 2013
- Cloud Backup Firm VaultLogix Has Free Trial of MobilePlus Service Posted on May 15, 2013
- Backup That Adds New Platform for Unlimited File Storage and Music Streaming Posted on May 14, 2013
- The Necessity Of Backup In An Evolving Marketplace Posted on May 13, 2013
Consumers backing up information more frequently
"These are the best results we've seen since we started tracking data backup five years ago," online backup expert Gleb Budman said.
While not everyone backs up his or her computer on a daily basis, many people are doing so more frequently than in the past. The study noted that approximately 20 percent of computer users back up sensitive documents and applications roughly once a week, compared to only 14 percent in 2011 and 2 percent in 2008. Another 36 percent of survey respondents said they duplicate sensitive files roughly once a month, compared to only 26 percent who did so in 2008.
"It's great to see that the desire to protect photos, videos, music and other data is becoming an everyday part of using a computer," Budman said.
The survey also revealed, however, that roughly 29 percent of U.S. computer users have never used online backup tools to bolster data protection and minimize the chances of unnecessary data loss. The study noted that this trend varies between age groups, as roughly 35 percent of individuals older than 55 never use remote backup, while only 24 percent of 18- to 34-year-olds neglect to duplicate sensitive documents.
A separate report by Parks Association found that the consumer-based online backup and storage market is growing as more innovative technologies become available to the public. By 2014, the market is forecast to generate more than $4.4 billion in revenue.
"This is a classic example where growth in one area is spurring another industry," Parks Associates research analyst Pietro Macchiarella said. "As people accumulate more digital content, the prospect of losing that data becomes more ominous."
Rather than leveraging traditional, and sometimes unreliable, backup tools like CDs, flash drives and DVDs, individuals should consider leveraging next-generation services like cloud computing and other web-based storage and backup solutions. The cloud, in particular, is extremely scalable and cost-effective, giving users the unique ability to migrate large volumes of data to the outsourced environment without overspending. The cached information is then available virtually anywhere with an internet connection.
Author: Jonathan Ward, Demand Generation Manager, VaultLogix
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 298
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 298
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/sites/onlinebackupreviews.com/www/htdocs/mpcs/functions.php on line 309