- On the Line with SurDoc SurDoc's Marketing Director, Suzanne Duris is quick to point out that high fidelity online sharing, a robust platform and amazing technology make the company a formidable competitor.
- Your Guide to Online Backup Services Find helpful advice in selecting the best online backup provider.
- What is Online Backup? ...plus more frequently asked questions on Online Backup.
- Code42 Wins Golden Bridge Award for CrashPlan Enterprise Endpoint Backup Posted on October 30, 2013
- Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance Now Shipping in Volume Posted on October 29, 2013
- Panda Cloud Drive Adds Backup for BlackBerry Devices Posted on October 25, 2013
- Gillware Online Backup Is Proud to Partner with iPatientCare Posted on October 24, 2013
- Vizant Technologies Doubles Server Backup Performance with Zetta.net's Cloud Platform Posted on October 23, 2013
Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance Now Shipping in Volume
TORONTO – October 29, 2013 – Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986, today announced volume shipping of the company’s Cloud Backup Connector Appliance. The Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance leverages the Cisco ISR G2 router and UCS E-Series server blade and includes the latest version of Asigra Cloud Backup™ software. The appliance provides onsite backup data storage and the ability to replicate to external cloud service providers at the user’s discretion for both local and remote recovery.
Click to Tweet: @Asigra Delivers Cloud Backup Connector Appliance in Volume to Service Providers Worldwide – http://bit.ly/psJwGa - #backup #cloud
For globally distributed mid-market and enterprise organizations with multiple branch offices, the Asigra Cloud Connector provides more efficient use of storage and networking resources. The appliance provides a new and innovative way to bring flexible end-to-end enterprise-class data recovery to organizations. The Cloud Backup Connector appliance ensures that branch-office users receive LAN-like performance from their cloud backup application and that data is highly available and handled in a secure manner. The improved linkage of the network with Asigra cloud-enabled services contributes to increased performance and enhanced end-user experience.
“Our network had become increasingly complex, storage was growing and our previous backup solution was struggling to keep pace,” said Simon Johnson, Finance Director at Opus Trust. By implementing the Cloud Connector Backup Appliance powered by Asigra, we simplified the infrastructure and improved the levels of data protection and recovery across all of our network and applications. We now have local backup to disk, automated offsite backup and a complete IT DR plan through the OnDemand Recovery service, implemented by Project Vision.”
“Our switch to the Cloud Backup Connector Appliance helped the company to achieve several business benefits,” said David Van Eck, Head of IT at L.K. Bennett. “Through a centralized online monitoring portal made available by our service provider, Backup Technology Ltd., we receive guaranteed backup and recovery for all of our data systems as a professional and fully managed service. The backup forms the basis for our enterprise-wide data recovery solution, which is essential to L.K. Bennett.”
"SMB's need backup solutions that are easy-to-use, reliable and cost-effective," said Robert Amatruda, Research Director, Data Protection and Recovery, IDC. “The Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance delivers a turn-key system to alleviate their backup challenges."
The Cloud Backup Connector Appliance features:
• Asigra Cloud Backup v12.2 pre-installed for plug-and-play mass deployment and agentless protection of all computing environments
• The ability to perform standalone local backup and/or connect to the service provider of choice for offsite recovery
• End-to-end data protection of storage, servers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices (tablets and smartphones)
• High-performance data recovery across physical, virtual and cloud operating environments
• Autonomic healing to ensure data integrity/recoverability
• Enterprise-class security for regulated industries such as healthcare, financial services and government with FIPS 140-2 certification
• 2TB internal storage standard which scales to 10TB per appliance to store compressed, de-duplicated data for local recovery
• Capability to leverage external cloud service providers for offsite data recovery
• Connectivity: Three integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with 1 port capable of RJ-45 or SFP connectivity, one service module slot, three onboard digital signal processor slots and one internal service module for application services
“Our strong technology partnerships are the foundation for technology that brings significant advantages for service providers and the end-customers they serve,” said Eran Farajun, Executive Vice President, Asigra. “With general availability by a growing number of channel partners and deployments in place globally, customers have the ability to dramatically improve business continuity with the recovery of any data on any device at any time.”
The Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance (Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router pre-installed with Asigra Cloud Backup software) is available immediately and customers can purchase the bundled solution from Avnet, authorized Cisco channel partners or Asigra Hybrid Partners.
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market. Asigra has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and has been included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software since 2010. More information on Asigra can be found at www.asigra.com.